Carlisle EPDM 3" Seam Tape 3'x100'
Carlisle’s Sure-Seal 3" Pressure-Sensitive 3"Seam Tape offers uniform width and adhesive thickness and features a clear poly film for ease of application. This double-sided tape seam delivers 30% greater peel strength and 32% greater shear strength than other tapes on the market.
Features and Benefits
- Available in 3" x 25' and 3" x 100' rolls
- Manufactured using a clear poly film
- Provides excellent long-term splice strength
- Offers greater peel and shear strength than other tapes available in today’s marketplace
1. Overlap the EPDM membranes a minimum 3" or 6" (75 or 150mm) to coincide with the SecurTAPE width. Stagger factory seams on dusted EPDM to avoid a double thickness of membrane.
2. The entire membrane surface where itwill be applied must be clean and free of any residual mica dust or dirt. The seam tape will not adhere to dusted or dirty surfaces.
a. Remove loose mica dust by brooming or wiping with a clean, dryrag or HP Splice Wipe.
b.The use of Weathered Membrane Cleaner is recommended to allow for roller application of the primer and to enhance adhesion. This process is required on membrane that has been exposed for a number of weeks.
c. Allow the Weathered Membrane Cleaner to flash-off before applying primer.
3.Mark the bottom sheet with a crayon approximately ¼" (6mm) beyond the edge of the top sheet as a guide to install the
4. Application of HP-250 or Low-VOC Primer
a. Dusted Membrane – After removing the loose mica as noted above, scrub the primer onto the membrane with a clean HP
Splice Wipe in a circular motion achieving a thin and even coat that is uniform in color and free of streaks or heavy spots.
Change Splice Wipes often.
b. Membrane cleaned with Weathered Membrane Cleaner - Roller-apply the primer to the membrane
with a 3⁄8" (9mm) medium nap paint roller achieving a thin and even coat that is uniform in color and free of streaks or heavy
c. Allow the primer to flash-off until it does not transfer to a dry finger touch. Do not allow the primer to over dry.
d.Install tape shortly after the primer flashes off to maximize bond strength and minimize potential dust contamination.
5. Unroll 3' (1 m) of SecurTAPE aligning the tape with the set marks. Use firm and even hand pressure to press the tape down to bottom sheet along the length of the splice. Overlap tape roll ends 1" (25mm). A continuous piece of the tape must be used at all factory seams and field splice intersections. Roll the tape with a 2"-wide hand roller after application to the primed substrate will reduce the frequency of air blisters in the completed field seam.
6. Rolling the tape with a 2"-wide hand roller after application to the primed substrate will reduce the frequency of air blisters in the completed field seam.
7.Allow the top sheet to fall freely onto the poly backing. Ensure that a minimum of 1⁄8" (3 mm) to a maximum of ½" (12 mm)
of tape extends beyond the top membrane edge. Trim membrane if necessary.
8. Pull the poly backing off at a 45 degree angle and use firm hand pressure across the splice towards the outside splice edge mating
the top sheet onto the seam tape.
9. Immediately roll across the splice with a 2"-wide roller applying positive pressure.
10. Lap Seal at cut edges of reinforced membrane and splice tape overlaps. Lap Sealant may be applied immediately following the completion of a seam tape splice.